Saturday, August 8, 2009

A View From Above

A view from above Atlantis astronauts carried out five back-to-back spacewalks to fix and upgrade the 19-year-old Hubble Space Telescope, adding five to 10 years to Hubble's the observatory's lifetime. Scientists hope to begin beaming back the results by early September.

http://digg.com/d1ru0w

These photos are extraordinary. Canadian involvement in space travel? I was ignorant as to the space involvement of the Canadians. See we learn something every day. I do know the Russians are involved since the Cold war... These photos made me think about my relativity article and my Voices piece. It all seems so relative after seeing these...

P.S.: A very dear Canadian friend just told me that Canadians made the "arm" with Canada written all over it! Nice concept of unity amongst common purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers