Monday, December 14, 2009

Forgive... Today, in this moment, I forgive.


Just thought I would share this thought, especially during this holiday season when we may be resenting someone in our lives. Maybe you can reconsider and let go...

Forgive

Today, in this moment, I forgive.

Great joy and satisfaction come from expressing love, compassion and generosity. Since I cannot fully express these qualities while holding resentment against another, I strengthen my spiritual practice through forgiveness.

I choose to forgive anyone whose actions seemed to cause me pain or fear. I forgive those whom I thought to be adversaries. I forgive family members, friends or coworkers for any perceived failings or mistakes. And I forgive myself. I leave the past where it belongs and create life anew.

Seeing beyond personality, beyond outward appearance to the true divine spirit within myself and others, I release judgment and forgive. Now I can truly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers